Thursday, October 7, 2010

Website Planning

Right now my mind is so blank as to how I would even go about organizing my website. It makes me pretty angry because I am super horrible at planning my creative side, I would rather just go with the flow to see how it turns out.  I am not worried about the outcome of my website because we all have very little experience, if any as to making websites.  I love how we all are doing this together, it makes me feel not alone. I also am glad we're learning this skill, however painful it may be.

Off topic I know but I'm reading this great book about how to right memoirs, and it gives you excersises to do to make you a better writer. At the moment I don't have the book with me, and the title is on the tip of my tongue; I will have to tell everyone later. I would greatly encourage this book if you want to pursue a career in writing. I feel it with definitely help in the long run. So far I've gone through 3/4 of the book and I love it. Granted I have never been a fan of how to books or even text books but this book is different.

2 comments:

  1. I think creating our websites will take a lot of time and trial and error practice. Good luck, we know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have had similar problems with my site becasue I do not like to plan out what I am doing. I actually think trying a lot of things will help you to create the best site in the end. If you just stick to a plan in your head, you don't leave room to change your mind if something else coems along that may look a lot better or be a lot more effective. I think by going in with a pretty blank mind and leaving it open you will discover a lot and find what you think works best and what doesn't work. As far as the book you mentioned, it sounds very interesting and as someone who likes to write what is on their mind, I think I would enjoy it. Post the title if you get a chance sometime.

    ReplyDelete