Sunday, November 21, 2010

Late Night Chats

I can't believe we're almost through this class and it feels like I haven't done a thing! But I am so glad we did those websites and what not.
I have a new reading fetish, the type of books that are written in poetry form. I love those types of books, they speak to me.
Realization just hit me, the literature being written these days is not as great as it used to be. It is now all about vampires, or werewolves or some stuff like that that just isn't what literature should be. There's also aot of relationship things and death, but no real intense plot. Granted I love Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings, Twilight series (sadly) but I miss the old written word as well as the new one, I think depending on what kind of literature. Books are now aimed at the teenage population and gets their hopes up for relationships that will not happen, and love that isn't love at all. Why does this happen?
I feel it happens because books aren't selling maybe, or maybe even people are changing as we all do, and then we must change the way we write.

Facebook keeps changing, and it makes me kind of angry. Why do they do this we all ask? Well I have no clue. It changes as we can change our website, and it's pretty hard to re-learn how to work the website. I wonder how angry people have gotten and how many complaints people have sent.

Many things to think about.

3 comments:

  1. My guess is for morecontrol. New features are constantly introduced to facebook because of the abundance of users. I think Facebook has to change in order to keep order in a growing network. As an individual user, I dont think we can see it as much as the people in control of introducing the new changes. But think about how much FB has grown. I can't even remember how it was when I first began, butI know it was plain, simple, and not much to experience. Now the system has become complex, with several apps, and made up with several friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ole Facebook -- it is just too much these days. I love Facebook, I really do. But it has just become too complicated and unnecessary. It used to be simple and easy and fun. Now, it's all about "liking" things and the newest app to download. Even though I get annoyed with what Facebook has become, there are many people who like all of the...fluff that Facebook now entails. And it is going to keep changing as more and more people join and as technology changes. If only it could go back to how it was even two years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these changes are occurring because life keeps changing as corny as that sounds. Think about the different changes in technology that we have discussed in detail through this class. As far as facebook changing, I blame Twitter, which has also undergone its own changes. I believe these changes are a result of instant gratification. People have no patience anymore. I', not sure if this answers the question or helps ease any anger, but this is why I think it keeps happening.

    ReplyDelete